Creative Haven retreat
A 4-day solo retreat structured to give you the time and space to let your creativity flow.
During your Creative Haven retreat, you will be close to nature which will help your mind to relax, rest and leave behind the distractions and stimulation of modern life. This will free you up to be creative.
Your accommodation will be a cosy and quirky shepherd’s hut situated in the privacy of its own field, on our smallholding in a quiet spot in the hills of Mid-Wales.
You will be nurtured and looked-after during your time here: all meals are included, as are two 1:1 sessions at the start and end of the retreat. Maryline is an experienced counsellor and brings to the retreat the skills to listen to you and guide you so you can make the most of your Creative Haven retreat. Her presence, when directly with you or on site, will become your safe and reliable container in which you can encounter yourself without distractions and safely release your creative self.
Your Creative Haven retreat includes:
- 4 days in a peaceful rural setting on a smallholding in Mid-Wales
- 3 nights accommodation in a cosy, quirky and off-grid shepherd’s hut
- all meals
- a 60-minute 1:1 discussion at the beginning of the retreat to set goals and intentions
- a 60-minute 1:1 discussion at the end of the retreat to review the experience and reflect on the process
- a pre-retreat phone call
- help with lifts from and to nearby railway station or bus stop if travelling by public transport
- choice of arrival on a Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, subject to availability
Who is the Creative Haven retreat for:
- artists seeking dedicated time and space to create
- writers, painters, photographers, musicians, composers, singers and songwriters looking for inspiration in nature
- anyone with a big piece of work to complete which requires their full attention away from the distractions and interruptions of every day life
- Parking is at our house, a few minutes' walk to the hut
- Safe storage of bicycles is available at our house
- Track is a little uneven and can be muddy
- Entrance to the field is a little steep and the field has a gentle slope
- Access to the inside of the hut is via 5 steps
- Double bed with a deep, sprung wool mattress
- Bed linen with extra pillows and blankets
- Coat hangers
- Storage space under the bed
Lighting and heating
- Woodburning stove inside the hut with wood, kindling and matches
- Low voltage lighting
- LED lanterns
- A torch
- Fairy lights to light your way outside
- Outdoor kitchenette with single gas stove, food storage container and ice blocks
- Crockery, cutlery, teapot, coffee pot and basic cooking pans/utensils
- Water container
- Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, herbal teas, sugar, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper
- Picnic table and deckchairs for alfresco eating
- Table and chair/bench for meals inside the shepherd’s hut
- Natural and eco-friendly cleaning products
Toilet and washing
- Composting toilet
- Wash basin
- Towels and face flannels
- Hand soap and hand sanitizer
- Shower available at our house
- Fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide detector, smoke detector and first aid kit
- Games, books, magazines, maps, fauna and flora leaflets, binoculars and stargazing chart
- Mobile phone and internet signal at the hut; Wifi and landline at the house
This retreat is fully catered and we serve home cooked meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner. You will also have your own kitchenette at the shepherd's hut if you want to make yourself anything extra.
We source our ingredients from local producers, markets and small independent shops. We will also use some of our homegrown produce when it is available.
We can cater for many diets and we will discuss this during our pre-retreat phone call.
We are fully compliant with Environmental Health with regards Food Safety and Hygiene regulations and have been awarded a 5-star food hygiene award.
Our location in a quiet spot in the hills of Mid-Wales, near Montgomery, is attractive to many people, particularly those who live in cities and who seek time in the countryside to recharge their batteries without having to travel a long distance for a short break. We are about 90 minutes away from Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham whilst Shrewsbury is just under an hour away.
We are 2 miles from the main road and directions to get to us will be provided on booking.
Nearest train stations are Newtown (7 miles) and Welshpool (10 miles). Nearest bus stop is on the A483 between Abermule and Berriew. We are happy to assist guests who choose to get to us by public transport with lifts from/to bus stops and train stations.
Useful transport links to help plan your journey:
For rail travel: Transport for Wales
For bus/coach travel, we are on Route x75: traveline cymru