Self-Care for your Well-Being retreat
A 4-day individual retreat designed to give you the opportunity to rest, unwind and recharge, to feel nurtured and resourced.
Statistics show that burnout is common in the health, care, teaching, helping and related professions where work pressures and emotional demands are high. No-one can pour from an empty cup! This Self-Care For Your Well-Being retreat aims to help you replenish your own reserves so you can be of help to others.
Your accommodation will be a cosy and quirky shepherd’s hut situated in the privacy of its own field, on our smallholding in a quiet spot in the hills of Mid-Wales. The rustic décor and simplicity of the accommodation will enable you to reconnect with yourself in an uncluttered way, something that can be difficult to do with the complications and distractions of modern life.
During your Self-Care For Your Well-Being retreat, you will be close to nature which will help you relax, rest and leave behind the stresses and stimulation of modern life. The positive impact of spending time outdoors on our health and well-being is now well documented and during the retreat, Nature will be your guide and companion as you give yourself the opportunity to replenish your energy and inner resources. Our rural location in the hills means you will have access to fields, paddocks, lanes and tracks with far reaching views. Some activities will also take place in our garden and orchard with a variety of trees.
During your time here, you will be nurtured, taken care of and metaphorically held in a collaborative way so that you can deepen your experience of self-care: from your meals, which are provided for the duration of the retreat, to the 1:1 discussions and well-being enhancing activities with Maryline who will be there to both support you and contain your process and experience with her solid, attuned and trustworthy presence.
This Self-Care For Your Well-Being retreat is aimed to be therapeutic but is not counselling or psychotherapy. It is not suited to everyone and a pre-retreat phone call will be necessary to ensure suitability.
Your Self-Care for your Well-Being retreat includes:
- 4 days in a peaceful rural setting on a smallholding in Mid-Wales
- 3 nights accommodation in a cosy, quirky and off-grid shepherd’s hut
- all meals
- a 60-minute 1:1 discussion at the beginning of the retreat to set intentions
- daily outdoor mindfulness-based 1:1 activities
- a 60-minute 1:1 discussion at the end of the retreat to review the experience and reflect on the process
- a pre-retreat phone call
- help with lifts from and to nearby railway station or bus stop if travelling by public transport
- choice of arrival on a Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, subject to availability
Who is the Self-Care for your Well-Being retreat for:
- professionals working in the fields of health and social care, nursing, medicine, psychiatry, counselling, psychotherapy, psychology and related professions
- carers, parents, adult children involved in caring for elderly parents
- professionals in the fields of teaching and education
- anyone feeling depleted, low in energy and mood and seeking to rest, unwind, recharge and resource themselves away from the distractions and interruptions of day-to-day life
- Double bed with a deep, sprung wool mattress
- Bed linen with extra pillows and blankets
- Coat hangers
- Storage space under the bed
Lighting and heating
- Woodburning stove inside the hut with wood, kindling and matches
- Low voltage lighting
- LED lanterns
- A torch
- Fairy lights to light your way outside
- Outdoor kitchenette with single gas stove, food storage container and ice blocks
- Crockery, cutlery, teapot, coffee pot and basic cooking pans/utensils
- Water container
- Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, herbal teas, sugar, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper
- Picnic table and deckchairs for alfresco eating
- Table and chair/bench for meals inside the shepherd’s hut
- Natural and eco-friendly cleaning products
Toilet and washing
- Composting toilet
- Wash basin
- Towels and face flannels
- Hand soap and hand sanitizer
- Shower available at our house
- Fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide detector, smoke detector and first aid kit
- Games, books, magazines, maps, fauna and flora leaflets, binoculars and stargazing chart
- Mobile phone and internet signal at the hut; Wifi and landline at the house
This retreat is fully catered and we serve home cooked meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner. You will also have your own kitchenette at the shepherd's hut if you want to make yourself anything extra.
We source our ingredients from local producers, markets and small independent shops. We will also use some of our homegrown produce when it is available.
We can cater for many diets and we will discuss this during our pre-retreat phone call.
We are fully compliant with Environmental Health with regards Food Safety and Hygiene regulations and have been awarded a 5-star food hygiene award.
Our location in a quiet spot in the hills of Mid-Wales, near Montgomery, is attractive to many people, particularly those who live in cities and who seek time in the countryside to recharge their batteries without having to travel a long distance for a short break. We are about 90 minutes away from Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham whilst Shrewsbury is just under an hour away.
We are 2 miles from the main road and directions to get to us will be provided on booking.
Nearest train stations are Newtown (7 miles) and Welshpool (10 miles). Nearest bus stop is on the A483 between Abermule and Berriew. We are happy to assist guests who choose to get to us by public transport with lifts from/to bus stops and train stations.