Situated in its own private field with stunning views across the rolling hills of Mid-Wales and Shropshire, our shepherd’s hut is the perfect hideaway for up to two people.
It is our aim to offer our guests the chance to leave behind the busy and complicated modern world and return to basics, close to nature and all it has to offer for a restorative and memorable countryside break. A real chance to unplug from the world and connect with nature.
The hut has been furnished and decorated to make it into a cosy and comfortable space to relax, rest and sleep. A deep wool mattress and wool duvets ensure a wonderful night’s sleep and with lots of cushions, pillows, bolsters and quilts, the double bed can be transformed into a luxurious reading den! The small but efficient woodburner will keep you warm and toasty inside.
Just behind the hut is “Y Caban”, a field shelter transformed into a rustic and quirky space where you will find the composting toilet and basin for washing. There is also a basic outdoor-kitchenette there where you can make drinks and cook light meals if you don’t want to eat out.
We offer the hut on a bed & breakfast basis with a choice of either a cooked breakfast at our house (a short walk away) or a breakfast basket (continental-style) delivered to the hut.
No dogs or pets, sorry – this is because we are surrounded by livestock (our own and our neighbours’)
- Double bed with a deep, sprung wool mattress
- Bed linen with extra pillows and blankets
- Coat hangers
- Storage space under the bed
Lighting and heating
- Woodburning stove inside the hut with wood, kindling and matches
- Low voltage lighting
- LED lanterns
- A torch
- Fairy lights to light your way outside
- Outdoor kitchenette with single gas stove, food storage container and ice blocks
- Crockery, cutlery, teapot, coffee pot and basic cooking pans/utensils
- Water container
- Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, herbal teas, sugar, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper
- Picnic table and deckchairs for alfresco eating
- Table and chair/bench for meals inside the shepherd’s hut
- Natural and eco-friendly cleaning products
Toilet and washing
- Composting toilet
- Wash basin
- Towels and face flannels
- Hand soap and hand sanitizer
- Fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide detector, smoke detector and first aid kit
- Games, books, magazines, maps, fauna and flora leaflets, binoculars and stargazing chart
- Mobile phone and internet signal at the hut; Wifi and landline at the house
We offer the hut on a bed & breakfast basis with a choice of either a cooked breakfast at our house (a short walk away) or a delicious breakfast basket (of a more continental style) delivered to the hut. We can accommodate various dietary requirements. We will ask you about these and your choice of breakfast at the time of booking.
There are many fantastic places to eat and drink nearby. We provide a Welcome Book with recommendations of restaurants, take-aways and coffee shops in Montgomery, Welshpool and Newtown. Some may need to be booked in advance and we are happy to help you with that when you have booked. Just get in touch!
There are three local village shops in nearby Berriew, Abermule and Bettws Cedewain, all within 5 miles of the hut.
We are fully compliant with the Food Safety regulations and have been awarded a 5-star food hygiene award.
We source the ingredients for breakfast from local producers, markets and small independent shops. We will also use some of our homegrown food when it is available.